Key enterprise systems have become the necessary foundation for organizations in nearly every industry sector. Evaluating and selecting new ERP, SCM, CRM, HCM or ECM systems amidst rapidly evolving business requirements and changing underlying technologies has become increasingly more difficult. Appropriate business fit, along with price, vendor viability, software reliability, scalability, flexibility and ease of implementation, all must be considered. Cloud-based systems add another level of complexity to the decision. Is the vendor’s cloud ERP offering really software-as-a-service (SaaS). Or is it merely the vendor’s traditional on-premises ERP now offered in a hosted data center as a managed service? And, does it matter?
Choosing the right enterprise system requires an organized approach: collecting operating data, building the business case, analyzing key requirements, screening vendors, organizing demonstrations and conducting an effective RFP.
We begin by understanding your business and the unique requirements that make your different. We then structure these into a concise request for information that is shared with a short list of qualified candidate vendors, providing you with the right solution without taking up inordinate amounts of time from your project team.
Throughout the process, we maintain vendor neutrality. We do not sell software or “partner” with any technology vendors for implementation services, our software selection consultants have the independence and objectivity necessary to give unbiased advice.
When determining whether your organization should implement a new system, return on investment is one of the key decision making factors. Conducting an accurate ROI and cost analysis helps to determine the benefits that a particular system will yield and the cost of achieving those benefits. iProject Partners’ extensive experience in conducting ROI and Cost Analysis can provide your organization with the information you need to make effective decisions.
System Evaluation and Selection
Over the past decade, systems such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM), customer relationship management (CRM), and enterprise asset management (EAM), have promised great benefits. However, evaluating and selecting the right software vendor can be difficult. You must define key requirements, identify candidate vendors, organize demonstrations, and separate truth from hype. Choosing the wrong vendor or software package can be costly.
Our consultants provide unbiased advice for vendor evaluation and selection of new systems. Using our proven methodology, our consultants help you define your key requirements, identify a short list of qualified vendors, develop scenarios for proof of concept, facilitate software demonstrations, conduct vendor due diligence, negotiate agreements and plan for implementation.
Our approach typically consists of the following steps:
- Project Kick-Off to charter the project, level set the team, and gather basic company information.
- Business Case to develop a vision for the future system, integration, and architecture along with anticipated costs, benefits, and ROI.
- Requirements Workshop to define a complete set of key functional requirements & operational constraints as criteria for selection.
- Short List Preparation based upon comprehensive data-base search of candidate solutions.
- Solution Qualification to introduce and screen candidate vendors and demonstrate their fit to your business.
- Contract Negotiation to finalize contract terms and conditions and verify references.
- Implementation Program Management to plan, coordinate, and manage all vendors, third-parties, and client resources, to ensure implementation success.