Hands-on Application Delivery executive with over 15 years managing global, distributed engagements as large as 230 personnel on multiple development and support projects. Assembled and managed teams that designed, created, and implemented methodologies, procedures and policies, leading to CMM Level 3 and CMMi Level 5 certification. Met annual P&L targets up to $26M. Led negotiation team on two MSA and SOW renewals, including Service Level Agreement. Established and maintained strong client relationships at C-level and VP level. Experience with entertainment, automotive, manufacturing, utilities, distribution, financial services, franchise management, and insurance.
Large engagement management Managed services transition management
Troubled project recovery Targeted cost control/margin improvement
Global distributed team management Expert in MS-Office Suite
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services, Palo Alto, CA 2012 – 2015
Application Services Executive
Managed all aspects of an Application Development and Management engagement for a major music entertainment company. Up to 130 people in four locations around the world supporting core applications, including Repertoire, Rights, Clearances, Royalties, Digital and Physical Supply Chains, Licenses, and Sales Reporting.
- Exceeded engagement margin targets by 8% in first full year.
- Drove SLA misses from three per month to zero per month within three months of joining, eliminate $30K/month in penalties.
- As part of Account Leadership Team, developed strong customer trust which contributed significantly to a three-year, $68M renewal.
UST Global Inc, Aliso Viejo, CA 2008 – 2012
Account / Transition Manager
Conducted pre-sales, sales, and negotiation cycles for multiple outsourcing engagements. Planned and conducted transitions to outsourced engagements. Directed project turnarounds.
- Led multiple RFP response proposal preparations and contract negotiations, particularly service levels and operational model definition.
- Managed account start-ups and on-time / on-budget Transitions to Application Development and Support Managed Services for major financial services company, clothing retailers, and financial and miscellaneous services conglomerate. Grew account from zero to $450K in monthly revenue in four months.
- Applied solid project, client, and people management principles to turn around a project for a Fortune 500 logistic company that was $1M over budget and a year late, enabling production deployment of “Release 1” code 3 months after taking over.
Keane Incorporated, Irvine, CA 1997 – 2008
Toyota Motor Sales / Global Delivery Manager 2001 – 2008
Managed all aspects of a CMMi Level 3 engagement of up to 230 people in four locations around the world performing multiple development and support projects (up to 30 concurrently) on related applications, including a Dealer Portal Application, vehicle order management system, warranty claims processing, parts warehouse and logistics systems, and customer contact systems.
- Assumed responsibility for the Managed Services project eight months into a transition that was supposed to last 14 weeks and brought transition to closure in two months.
- Established steady state operations, in which the team consistently met service levels for the first two years.
- Negotiated two contract extensions which included substantial revisions to the operating model and service levels; conducted successful internal transitions from existing model to the new model.
- Expanded scope of services to include additional AMS responsibilities on new platforms, including managing successful transitions for those services.
- Expanded Global Delivery model to include delivery centers in both Nova Scotia and India.
- Expanded scope of responsibilities to include Build projects, including projects with resource ramp-ups of over 40 people in one month.
- Achieved seven consecutive years of improved customer satisfaction ratings.