Globally experienced Management & Information Technology leader & visionary with proven experience designing & implementing enterprise and mission critical solutions. Adept in leading, driving global enterprise applications, complex cross-functional projects & program management with the ability to leverage experience from Healthcare, Hi-Tech & Financial Services industries driving successful implementations while addressing and mitigating business, technology & political challenges. Leveraging entrepreneurial experiences accelerates the ability to identify and drive innovative ideas which can significantly improve design, profitability, efficiency, quality, competitiveness and customer satisfaction.
The Word and Brown Companies Aug 14 – June 15/15
VP Information Technology & Enterprise Architecture – Choice Administrators
Direct report to CIO. Responsible for the strategic technology transformation, innovation, optimization & implementation of Private Health Insurance Exchange for 7 competing companies, a highly available, multi-tenant, scalable and configurable SaaS platform utilizing Microsoft technology to support State Based Health Insurance Exchanges and Private Exchanges in compliance with the HI Trust, ACA, HIPPA & most updated legal compliance & regulatory guidelines.
The products included customer facing web applications, B2C, B2B2C, Mobility & custom application development and integration of technology, business and regulatory requirements into Hybrid Cloud Architecture Solution, Automated Online Enrollment, Online Processing, (EDI) Electronic Data Interchange, Identity Management, Single Sign On, Microsoft CRM and Financial Systems.
- Provided business $3.5M in annual labor savings through creation of the Automated Online Enrollment (OLE) system. Results included elimination of 80%+ transcription errors and faster prospect to client conversion.
- Defined & managed department budget of $30M+ across 7 different line of businesses with various platforms & technologies.
- Managed & mentored multiple effective teams in excess of 100+ including onshore/ offshore; matrixed and direct resources. Teams included various roles including Directors, Change Managers, Technical Delivery Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Project Managers, System Architects, Business Analysts, Application Development Teams, QA and various Implementation Teams.
- Defined & developed Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) and QA Automation framework across all business and product lines which resulted in reduction of QA Testing from 3 weeks to 2 days.
- Established & Managed Enterprise Architecture Review Board (ARB) to encourage cross group collaboration across technical and business stakeholders and uncovered duplicative & redundant applications which once consolidated will result in millions of dollars of savings.
- Created supporting content, processes, and policies & directly managed identifying, developing and enabling architectural decisions for various initiatives including technology evaluation & selection, proof-of-concepts, prototypes, viable products & innovative solutions.
- Optimized software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes to eliminate duplicative and wasteful efforts, mandated business integration along the entire lifecycle which lead to quicker time to market and beating out major competitors release to market (First to Market).
- Provided oversight and direction to multiple development teams through the use of architecture reviews, application reviews, solution reviews, gate reviews to ensure solutions align with business objectives, industry best practices & patterns as well as adherence to Affordable Health Care Act (ACA) and Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliance.
Nexus IS – a Dimension Data Company May 14 – Aug 14
Program Manager / Advanced Technologies – Professional Services
Recruited by executive leadership team to transform the business & technology infrastructure & operations, establish new PMO and implement new processes and standards for Cloud, Data Center, Managed Services, Collaboration, Consulting Services, and Enterprise Networking practices.
- Led Data Center Migration project for healthcare clients by designing & utilizing Application Migration Planning Methodology and Framework. Successfully migrated 10 mission critical applications from external service provider into 5 customer private Cloud implementations.
Rendon Technologies July 12– Jan 14
CIO/ VP of Engineering
Technology & social media startup which created an innovative highly integrated concept that leverages social media, business intelligence, business analytics, data aggregation & data mining capabilities to provide a 360 degree view of promotional programs to capture, predict and influence purchases of consumer products during daily and major life events.
- Creation of business and technology concepts, product development, enhancements, architecture and cloud solution design which included e-commerce, social gaming, business analytics, integration of Windows, IPhone and Androids mobile platforms, custom technology solutions and more.
- Responsible for creation of technology baselines, research & technical analysis, evaluation of new emerging technologies and selection of appropriate technologies for a scalable architecture and product development with a strong point of view on the end-user functionality.
- Led strategic planning, tactical implementation, solutions, coordination, prioritization, and creation of new performance baselines including scope, budget, cost schedule & performance, deployment, day to day management of resources & operation of various interconnected initiatives, projects and work streams.
- Led business and functional analysis, requirement definition, documentation, business process models, use cases, business and technology scenarios and user interface visualizations.
- Cultivated strategic partnerships with executive sponsors, key stakeholders & vendors and contract negotiations.
- Utilized PMBOK & DMAIC methodologies across various phases of the program and projects.
Bank of America Corp. Oct 11 – Apr 12
Sr. Program Manager / Sr. Technical Delivery Manager / (Sr. Management Consultant)
For the Mortgage Service Technology Group, managed a complex series of programs with combined budget exceeding $20M+ to address Department of Justice (DOJ), Centralized PMO and other regulatory body’s inquiries. Program results included attributed reduction of sanctions in excess of $80M.
- Responsible for strategic planning, tactical implementation, solutions, coordination, prioritization, creation of new performance baselines including scope, schedule cost & performance, enterprise wide deployments, day to day management & operation of various interconnected initiatives, programs & projects.
- Managed multiple teams in excess of 200+ including onshore and offshore; matrix and direct resources. Teams included various roles including Change Managers, Technical Delivery Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Project Managers, System Architects, Business Analysts, Application Development Teams, System Analysts, Quality Assurance and various Implementation Teams.
- Leveraged DMAIC methodology to provide a consistency across various development methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, Iterative and other loosely coupled approaches. Led tollgate and milestone reviews, addressed issue and risks along with performance reporting to executive steering committees.
- Managed cross group collaboration between various entities through regular cadence, project & tollgate reviews and efficiency matrix.
- Leveraged as SME to plan and implement solutions addressing limited resources, intra departmental political and risk issue along with managing executive and stakeholder communications.
- Managed all aspects of Project and Governance Reporting including Executive, Departmental Lead and Team communication. Participated in vendor selection for enterprise projects, contract negotiations, performance reviews, staff allocations & multi-vendor management.
- Utilized ECMS (Enterprise Change Management System) E2E, Six Sigma, PMBOK & Agile, DMAIC phases, and Governance & Compliance methodologies & tools.
Renner Ventures, LLC. Aug 00 – Oct 11
CTO/ VP of Product Development & Management
- Created Commercial Investment Decision Engine. Positioned Investment Decision Engine to a commercial real estate investment group that created a client server application to gather reverent investment decision criteria. Created roadmap which brought extended office back application into field that was deployed to agents nationwide. Transitioned from client server to Mobile Application.
- Created Medical Tracking Application. Built Migraine tracking and reporting application which enabled users to report migraines, trigger mechanisms and report back to doctor’s office. Captured external elements to provide holistic report to doctors which enabled expedited diagnosis. Transitioned from client server to Mobile Application.
- Led teams in creation & development of an investment strategy for mobile products which resulted in capabilities spanning multiple technologies.
- Used PMI methodology & MSF development methodologies to implement system features that increased efficiency, quality, profitability, competitive position & customer satisfaction
- Defined & controlled scope, develop use cases, test strategy, identify and eliminate risks, document and resolve issues, & incorporate quality to all project components.
- Worked with private venture group to transition intellectual property for investment management application.
- Demonstrated cross group collaboration through negotiations with data providers, vendors, customers, stakeholders and legal teams to retain intellectual property rights.
McAfee, Inc. (Formerly Network Associates, Inc.) Sep 98 – Dec 99
Interim CIO/ Global VP of Information Technology &Telecom, Corporate Applications & Technologies
Interim CIO. Directed all global projects, networks, applications and system integrations. Managed M&A strategic venture including due diligence, integration and implementation of new architecture, strategic partner alliances & negotiations. Developed enterprise architecture to consolidate 15 global businesses and technologies, which improved management oversight, enhanced worker productivity and reduced support costs, by ensuring integration between legacy, acquired and future systems into a common architecture.
- Established and managed Enterprise Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee portfolio of projects through providing direct project management services, oversight, leadership & standard methodologies.
- Managed staff of 250 + across U.S., Europe and Australia. Advised global mid-management staff concerning leadership, business strategy and governance issues.
- Created new portfolio management model to ensure proper completion of technology and M&A integrations, which subsequently became global standard.
- Responsible for cross organization oversight, program monitoring, and scope control, resolution of program issues and jeopardy situation that impacted multiple groups.
- Enabled IT department to transform from organization of non-collaborative silos to global integration, which improved operating efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Created global development model to reduce time from requirements to implementation of products.
- Partnered with business groups to define go to market strategies by using new enterprise architecture to capitalize on McAfee’s marketplace strengths and unseat competitors.
- Drove Operational Excellence initiative to reduce time for project rollout while increasing customer satisfaction.
Nortel Networks Corp. Jul 97 – Sep 98
Lead Solution Architect – GSM (Operations, Administration, Maintenance &Provisioning Satellite Networks)
Designed and developed Custom Solutions for Satellite Networks, GSM Wireless Networks & Operational Support Systems which resulted in new revenue stream of $265M which unseated incumbent Lucent Technologies completive bid. Awarded (Best of Breed Architecture).
- Investigated technical & business issues, analyzed requirements, assed various Nortel & non-Nortel technologies and proposed suitable solutions to customers, internal & external executive management.
- Formed strategic alliances with vendors & managed customer and partner relations in U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Expanded global market share and secured new customers by conducting competitive analysis and using it to enhance product offerings.
- Improved product profitability 23% by reducing the gate management processes for Product Introduction & Product Management. Established project, product & vendor audit framework, which eliminated fraudulent billing of $186,000 per month.
- Re-engineered Wireless Networks Gate Management Processes for Product Management, by creating & implementing new global technical & business processes, procedures & standards. “Milestone Processes” included Acceptance Criteria Plan, Third Party Project Implementation Plan & New Product Introduction.
MCI WorldCom/Avantel Networks Sept 95 – Jul 97
Sr. Program Manager- Network Engineering Systems (Sr. Management Consultant)
Managed design, development, integration and On Time Delivery of $1.5Billion Avantel Startup Telecom Network. Successfully negotiated the final $500M line of credit with Bank of Mexico (Banamex).
- Liaison between MCI Engineering & Management, Project Sponsors & Stakeholders (British Telecom, Nortel Networks, Government of Mexico and Avantel International Networks), System Engineering Groups and End Users based in U.S. and Mexico, and various vendors (SAP, Nortel Networks & Third Parties Consultants).
- Created a comprehensive Web-based Network Inventory Management Application which improved efficiency and reduction of network inventory timeline from 3 weeks to 2 days for all switch and transmission physical facilities including Network Performance Optimization & Planning, Topology’s Local City Network, Switch Engineering, Inside Plant Engineering, Construction and Local Services Network Operations.
- Created & presented Enterprise PMO Executive Reports. Conducted individual program & project reviews to assess overall project health, quality and compliance to detail system engineering requirements, TMN & PMO.
Previous Career Highlights
- Managed implementation & migration of legacy systems to SAP [Texas Instruments 94-95]
- consultant at AT&T, Motorola &Texas Instruments utilizing IEF Methodologies, CASE Tools and migration to client server environment. [92-94]
- Developed application systems using IEF Methodologies, full (SDLC) for American Express, Mobile Oil, Motorola & Imperial Oil. [Texas Instruments, Advanced Information Management Systems 89-92]